Green 4 class
Welcome to Green 4. We are a complex needs class with children from years 4, 5 and 6. We currently have 9 children in class. Michelle is the Teacher. Sam, Sharon, Emily and Lorraine are the Teaching Assistants. (Emily is in class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Lorraine is in class Thursday and Friday.)
Our topic last half term was ‘Animals’. We looked at underwater animals, farm animals and jungle animals. We have read the stories ‘Commotion in the Ocean’, ‘Pig in the Pond’, and ‘Handa’s Surprise’. We have made split pin farm animals, CD fish and hand and arm print giraffes.
We enjoyed a lovely day at the National Forest Adventure Farm in Burton, where the children were able to feed the animals, including bottle feeding a lamb, having a tractor ride and playing in both the indoor and outdoor areas.
We had lots of fun going sailing and canoeing at Gailey Lake which proved to be lots of fun, especially seeing the water birds nests and chicks there.
We have also enjoyed developing our social skills with two Monday afternoons at Hednesford Park. Everyone had lots of fun!
This half term our topic is ‘Fun in the Sun.' We will be visiting Telford Park on the 9th July.
- Swimming on Thursday mornings. Please remember to send your child’s kit in with them on this day.
- We have library sessions on a Friday where we will read with the children – please send in their reading folders on this day.
- Homework Packs are changed each Friday. Please send them in on this day. Comments in the book provided are very helpful to us, as we can see how the children are progressing in this area and how beneficial the homework is to them.
- P.E is on Thursday afternoons.
- Please remember to send a snack in each day as these are not provided in KS2.
- Please send home/school diaries in each day.
Thank you to all the Parents who have helped us this half term, we very much appreciate it.