Green 4 class
Welcome to Green 4. We are a complex needs class with children from years 4, 5 and 6. We currently have 9 children in class. Michelle is the Teacher. Sam, Sharon, Emily and Lorraine are the Teaching Assistants. (Emily is in class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Lorraine is in class Thursday and Friday.)
Phew! What a busy half term it has been. We have been working on the topic of ‘let’s celebrate’. We read the story ‘Little Miss Muffett Counts to Ten’ which showed lots of different animals bringing items to throw a surprise party for Miss Muffett. We made birthday cards and decorated cupcakes while doing the story. We also did activities based on Christmas like tree decorations, calendars, Christmas cards and exploring pretend snow.
We enjoyed decorating the school Christmas tree, having Christmas dinner and party food, visiting St Luke’s Church as well as seeing Santa when he visited the school.
We have enjoyed regular Monday afternoon visits to Boing Zone where we had lots of fun bouncing on the trampolines.
We also enjoyed a day at Drayton Manor where we all had lots of fun on the rides at Thomas Land. We enjoyed seeing Santa while having our lunch and were lucky to be given a special present from him!
This half term our topic is ‘Once Upon a Time’ and we hope to visit Cannock Library on Monday afternoons as part of this topic.
- We have library sessions on a Friday where we will read with the children – please send in their reading folders on this day.
- Homework Packs are changed each Friday. Please send them in on this day. Comments in the book provided are very helpful to us, as we can see how the children are progressing in this area and how beneficial the homework is to them.
- P.E is on Thursday afternoons.
- Please remember to send a snack in each day as these are not provided in KS2.
- Please send home/school diaries in each day.
Thank you to all the Parents who have helped us this half term, we very much appreciate it.