Green 1 class
Overview of class
Welcome to Green 1 class. We are an Early Years class and currently have 12 children. Our Teacher is Jodi. Our Teaching assistants are Laura, Lauren, and Jess. Jo Taylor comes to help us on a Tuesday.
What we did last half term
Last half term our topic was “Let’s celebrate”. We had so much fun learning about the different celebrations. We enjoyed baking cakes and biscuits, making calendars and Christmas cards and decorating school’s Christmas tree. Cardinal Griffin high school’s Irish band came to perform for us. We had such a great time dancing and joining in with the music!
We also had a wonderful time performing to all our parents at The Prince of Wales theatre. The theme this year was “Christmas Winter Wonderland”. We retold the Nativity story.
During the term, we continued our trips to the Marquis Drive. We loved going for walks through the park, exploring the leaves, sticks and trees and how fun it was to look for the biggest puddles to splash in! We also had a fantastic time at Thomas Land where we went on many fun rides!
What we are doing this half term:
- We will be visiting “Kids2Play” on Thursday mornings on the following dates - January 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st, February 7th and 14th. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- This half term parents are invited to a combined “Winnie the Pooh” special lunch and parental engagement which will take place on Wednesday the 23rd January at 1.30 pm.
- Our topic this half term is “Happily ever after”.
- Please send home/school diaries back in every day.
- Can you please send in a named outfit for your child for outdoor/water play.
- Can you please name all of your child’s belongings.
. Thank you for your continued support.