Adventurer 1 Class
Overview of class
Welcome to Adventurer 1 class. We are a mixed year 1 and year 2 class. Tammy is the class teacher. Lauren T is the TA. Zoe and Laura are the ISA's.
Adventurer 1 Staff
When we came back in September we spent the first couple of weeks getting to know each other and familiarising ourselves with our new class routines. We particularly enjoyed exploring the outdoor area and sensory rooms together.
In English, we have loved reading different traditional tales such as ‘The Three Billy Goats Gruff’, and ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’. Whilst exploring the stories, we have been able to act out repeated phrases, used symbols to label materials and objects, and described characters using colourful semantics. We have also joined in with retelling stories using puppets, used materials to build houses and bridges, completed pencil control activities and fine motor activities with playdough.
In Maths, we have been focusing on our understanding of finding the “same”. We have looked at different ways we can match a range of objects together such as by colour, shape and size. We have also been learning what it means to make a ‘set’ and we have been able to build upon our previous learning “finding the same” to help us identify mistakes in pre-sorted sets.
Our Topics ‘All about Me’ and ‘Homes and Houses’ have been fun filled. We have loved exploring and have used a range of sensory materials to try and re-create the different types of houses we would find in different countries.
We have also enjoyed our Forest School sessions, where we have painted pictures using the juice of berries, enjoyed water play and explored our outdoor classroom areas.
Next half term our Topic is ‘Celebrations around the World’.
- Our forest school session is on a Monday, so please send into school in a change of clothes/ wellies and waterproofs.
- Please label ALL of your child’s belongings
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Tuesday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please remember to send in to school the plastic wallet including children’s reading books and reading records every day. We try to ensure reading books are changed once a week.
Adventurer 1 class photos
Thank you for your continued support.