Adventurer 1 Class
Overview of class
Welcome to Adventurer 1 class. We are a mixed year 1 and year 2 class. Tammy is the class teacher. Lauren T is the TA. Zoe and Laura are the ISA's.
Adventurer 1 Staff
This half term, in English, we have been focusing on books about transport reading the stories ‘You can’t take an elephant on a bus’ by Patricia Cleveland-Peck, ‘The Hundred Decker Bus’ by Mike Smith, ‘The Train Ride’ June Crebbin and ‘Brenda’s Boring Egg’ from Twinkl. We have explored and described different characters and objects, enjoyed sensory stories and roleplay with puppets/props, enjoyed activities with vehicles, fine motor and matching activities.
In Maths, we have been focusing on number and time. We have been looking at what we do at specific times of the day and using mathematical language to support and explain this.
Our Topic subject of ‘Travel and Transport’ was lots of fun. We looked at various vehicles and compared old transport with new modern day transport.
Our Topic is ‘Amazing Animals’.
Swimming will commence every Wednesday afternoon. Please pack a swimming kit including a swim nappy if applicable.
- Forest schools are on a Monday, so please come into school in ‘mucky clothes’ with a named change of clothes.
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Tuesday/Wednesday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please send home/school diaries, reading books and reading records back in every day. We try to ensure reading books/ pre – reader sheets are changed once a week.
- Please label ALL of your child’s belongings.
Adventurer 1 class photos
Thank you for your continued support.