Overview of class.
Welcome to Adventurer 2. We are a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Stevie is our Teacher. Debbie is the TA. Leah, Jemma and Emma are the ISA's.
Adventurer 2 Staff
This half term in English we have been focusing on lists/labelling, building sentences about pictures from a story, answering questions and sequencing story maps.
We have been reading the stories ‘You can’t take an elephant on a bus’ by Patricia Cleveland-Peck,‘The Hundred Decker Bus’ by Mike Smith, ‘The Train Ride’ June Crebbin and ‘Brenda’s Boring Egg’ from Twinkl. We have explored and described different characters and objects, joined in with sensory stories and roleplay with puppets/props, enjoyed activities with vehicles as well as completing pencil control, fine motor and matching activities.
In Maths, we have been focusing on building amounts with 5/10 frames/numicon, building numbers and looking at ‘before’ and ‘after’ to order our daytime and nighttime routine.
Our Topic subject of ‘Travel and Transport’ was really great to explore this half term. We looked at lots of different vehicles and compared old transport with new modern day transport. We went on a transport hunt on the school field and practiced our road safety skills by walking to the park. We have also used our cooking skills to make a boat and a car from food.
Our Topic is ‘Amazing Animals’.
- Forest schools are on a Monday, so please come into school in ‘mucky clothes’ with a named change of clothes.
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Friday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please send home/school diaries, reading books and reading records back in every day. We try to ensure reading books are changed once a week.
- Please label ALL of your child’s belongings.
Adventurer 2 class photos
Thank you for your continued support.