Overview of class.
Welcome to Adventurer 2. We are a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Stevie is our Teacher. Debbie is the TA. Leah, John and Emma are the ISA's.
Adventurer 2 Staff
This half term in English we have been focusing on repetitive phrases and story sequencing.
We have been reading the stories ‘Funny Bones’ by Allan Ahlberg, ‘We’re going on a Bear Hunt’ by Michael Rosen, ‘Whatever Next’ by Jill Murphy and ‘The Little Owl and the Christmas Star: A Nativity Story’ by Mary Murphy. We have explored creating different characters using playdough, joined in with sensory stories and roleplay with puppets, teddies and animals as well as completing pencil control and fine motor activities. We have also enjoyed exploring and identifying characters and settings, answering questions, sequencing, matching and completing repetitive phrases in relation to areas of the stories.
In Maths, some of the children have been sorting by colour and size, finding the odd one out and recognising and identifying more. Others have been learning about the composition of numbers up five or ten as well as comparing heavy and light.
Our Topic subject of ‘Celebrations and VIPs’ has consisted of learning to recognise different members of the Royal Family, creating a self-portrait and making fruit faces when learning about the artist Giuseppe Arcimboldo. Children also labelled different body parts and learned about healthy foods. We have enjoyed swimming in the last term. All children have been gaining confidence in the water and becoming more independent. We have also enjoyed our Forest School sessions, where we have eaten hot dogs cooked on the fire pit, made an England flag, explored sensory Halloween activities as well as lots of muddy play.
Our Topic is ‘Dawn of the Dinosaurs’.
- Forest schools are on a Monday, so please come into school in ‘mucky clothes’ with a named change of clothes.
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Friday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please send home/school diaries, reading books and reading records back in every day. We try to ensure reading books are changed every Tuesday or Thursday if needed.
- Can you please name ALL of your child’s belongings.
Adventurer 2 class photos
Thank you for your continued support.