Green 2 class
Welcome to Green 2. We are a mixed year 1, 2 and 3 complex needs class. We will have 8 children within the class and 4 members of staff. Jodi (Mon, Tues, Wed, and Thurs) and Louise (Fri) are the class teachers. The teaching assistants are Lauren, Morna, Liv (Monday-Tuesday), Nicky (Wednesday-Thursday), Jess (Friday)
What we did in Summer 1:
Last half term our topic was the ‘Wonderful World of Animals’. We have had lots of fun learning about different animals from on the farm, zoo and under the sea. We loved creating marks through a variety of methods including: animal footprints in playdough, rolling a marble in paint and using our fingerprints/footprints. The children especially enjoyed splashing around in water play, looking for the different sea animals- We got very wet!
In phonics we have been revisiting the sound ‘m’ and in maths we have been exploring the numbers 1,2 and 3.
Green 2 loved exploring the school’s new OT room and playground. We have also had lots of fun exploring the new musical and sensory playgrounds. We had a brilliant time exploring the new exciting resources such as a sensory swing, Simon says board, drums, talking flowers, climbing frames and a xylophone. We continued to practice our OT targets with the help of Jo Littlewood - Brown.
On Mondays, we have the best time with Jess in PE where we have been continuing our rebound sessions on the trampoline and working on our hand eye coordination. We have been making some wonderful progress with our bouncing!!
What we are learning in Summer 2:
Our topic this half term is ‘Summer Fun.'
- PE is every Monday please send your child to school in their PE kit.
- On hot days please send your child into school with two drinks.
- On hot days please ensure you send your child to school with a sun hat.
- Please send your child into school with labelled spare clothes (trousers, socks, tops, jumper and pants)
- We will continue to upload pictures onto Dojo.
- Please send your child into school with a labelled coat.
- Please send your child into school with an old large baggy Tshirt for us to use for art.
- Please send your child to school with sun cream already applied on hot days.
Thank you for your continued support.