Red 4 class
Welcome to Red Class 4. We are a mixed year 3 / 4 class. We have 12 children in the class. Gavin is the class teacher. Sam F, Natasha, Tara (Monday) and Vicki (Tuesday - Friday) are the Teaching Assistants.
What we did in Summer 1:
This half term has been ‘Plants and the local Area’ and we have looked at our own houses and drawn them, watched videos of Cannock Chase and the animals that live there and also plants, insects and animals we can see around us.
We have planted sunflower seeds in pots and are enjoying watching them grow and watering them. We have also watched been seeds grow in moist cotton wool in a zip lock bag that we taped to the windows, with interesting results – some growing really well and other’s not growing at all!
We have been enjoying our sessions in the dark room and the white room on Friday mornings and in the soft play and the new sensory garden area on Thursday afternoons.
What we are doing in Summer 2:
This half term our topic is ‘The Rainforest.'
- We have a library session every Monday afternoon where the children will choose a new book to share at home. Please return them the following Monday to change.
- Please send reading books in daily.
- We have PE on every Tuesday and Wednesday. Please send your child in their PE kit on these days.
- Homework is set regularly on class DOJO. Thank you for all those that complete it - great work!
- Please make sure your child has a snack each day for morning break as they do not get free fruit in key stage 2.
Thank you for your continued support.