Red 2 Class
Overview of class.
Welcome to Red 2. We are a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Stevie is our Teacher. Debbie is the TA. Zoe and Emma are the ISA's.
What we have been learning in Autumn 2:
This half term in English we have read the stories ‘The Jolly Christmas Postman’, ’Ten Little Lights’ and ‘Dear Santa’. We have explored words, puppets, pictures and used playdough and threading for our fine motor skills. We linked this it to our Topic subject of celebrations about Diwali and Christmas, where we have made Diva Lamps and Christmas tree decorations.
In Maths we have enjoyed copying, making and spotting mistakes in patterns as well as practically finding out which objects are light and heavy.
We have also enjoyed our Forest School sessions, where we have had many autumn themed activities including playing in the leaves, making bird feeders, water, mud, bubble and shaving foam activities, making bridges, crawling through tunnels, a giant parachute and even relaxing in hammocks.
What we are learning in Spring 1:
We will be learning about Castles, Chinese New Year and Dragons.
- Forest schools are on a Tuesday, so please come into school in ‘mucky clothes’ with a named change of clothes. As it is getting colder, also please bring in hats, scarfs and gloves.
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Friday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please send home/school diaries, reading books and reading records back in every day. We try to ensure reading books are changed every Thursday or Friday if needed.
- Can you please name ALL of your child’s belongings (including shoes, hats, scarves, etc).
Thank you for your continued support.